Xinhua (Beijing), January 24 — The Political Bureau of the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) Central Committee held a meeting on January 24. It deliberated on The consolidated status report of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Central Committee on the hearing and studying of work reports from the leading Party members groups of the National People’s Congress, the State Council, the National Committee of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference, the Supreme People’s Court and the Supreme People’s Procuratorate and the work report of the Secretariat of the Central Committee. It also deliberated on the Regulation on Public Petitioning. The General Secretary of the CCP Central Committee, Xi Jinping, presided over the meeting.
The meeting fully affirmed the work of the leading Party members groups of the Standing Committee of the National People’s Congress, the State Council, the National Committee of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference, the Supreme People’s Court, the Supreme People’s Procuratorate and the Secretariat of the Central Committee. It approved their work arrangements for 2022. The meeting deemed that, in the past year, the five leading Party members groups have:
– earnestly studied and implemented Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era;
– comprehensively implemented the spirit of the 19th CCP National Congress and its plenary sessions;
– unswervingly adhered to the centralized and unified leadership of the Party Central Committee;
– earnestly implemented the decisions and plans of the Party Central Committee;
– fulfilled their duties as part of the overall work of the Party and the State;
– strengthened their own leading Party members groups’ construction;
– made a positive contribution to achieving a good start to the 14th Five-Year Plan [2021-2025];
– contributed to creating a good environment for the celebration of the Party’s centenary;
– achieved new results across all areas of [their] work.
The Secretariat of the Central Committee, under the leadership of the Political Bureau of the CCP Central Committee and the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau, has fulfilled its duties following the plans and requirements of the Party Central Committee. It has conducted a large volume of work, including driving the implementation of decisions and plans of the Party Central Committee, strengthening the construction of the Party’s internal regulations, and guiding the work of mass organizations and their reform.
The meeting stressed that 2022 is an important year for entering into a new journey toward the second centenary goal of fully building a modern socialist country. The leading Party members groups of the Standing Committee of the National People’s Congress, the State Council, the National Committee of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference, the Supreme People’s Court and the Supreme People’s Procuratorate must:
– adhere to Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era as the guide;
– deeply understand the decisive significance of the “Two Establishments”;
– enhance the “Four Consciousnesses”, firm up the “Four Confidences”, achieve the “Two Safeguards”;
– have in mind the overall strategic situation of the great rejuvenation of the Chinese nation and the great changes unseen in a century in the world;
– focus efforts on preparing and holding the [upcoming] 20th Party Congress;
– adhere to the fundamental of seeking progress while ensuring stability;
– firm up historical confidence;
– maintain historical initiative;
– act with diligence, initiative and determination; and
– solidly conduct all work.
We must ensure that the full and strict governance over the Party remains a constant process; maintain a strict atmosphere; strictly implement the spirit of the Central Committee’s eight-point decision [on improving Party and government conduct] and its implementation rules; unremittingly persist in rectifying the “Four Winds”; show no mercy in investigating and punishing corruption; and create a clean and upright political ecology. The Secretariat of the Central Committee shall take the lead in upholding the authority and centralized, unified leadership of the Party Central Committee. In accordance with plans and requirements of the Political Bureau of the CCP Central Committee and the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau, [the Secretariat of the Central Committee] shall have a firm orientation concerning its position and responsibilities, focus on priorities and effective implementation, carry out in-depth investigation and research, and complete all the tasks assigned [to it] by the Party Central Committee.
The meeting pointed out that the public petitioning [complaints and proposals] work is an important component of the Party’s mass work, and an important window for understanding the social situation and public opinion. The formulation of the Regulation on Public Petitioning and summation of our Party’s long-term experience in leading and carrying out public petitioning work, especially the achievements in reforming the system for public petitioning work since the 18th Party Congress, is significant. They are of great significance to persisting with the Party’s full leadership of the public petitioning work, rationalizing its institutional mechanisms, and further standardizing and strengthening this work in the new era.
The meeting stressed the need to grasp the principles and requirements of the public petitioning work in the new era, practice the people-centered philosophy of development, improve the responsibility system for public petitioning work, and make good use of the results of the [recent system] reforms. We should adhere to and strengthen the Party’s full leadership of public petitioning work, and improve the work paradigm. Under this paradigm, [the Party shall exercise] unified leadership over both the Party and the State; the government organizations shall focus on implementation with work driven by departments responsible for public petitioning work; coordination shall be accomplished through joint conferences; and all entities involved shall work together. Concerning the regulation, we must do a good job in studying and training, publicizing and interpreting, and supervising and inspecting its implementation. We must create a good social environment where laws are followed, resorted to when problems arise and used to solve issues and contradictions. The joint conferences and the departments responsible for public petitioning work shall bear in mind their duties and missions. They shall put the people first, strengthen problem-orientedness, take the initiative, and continuously improve their work capability and level.
The meeting also considered other issues.